SOFTWARE illegal - SERIOUS CRIMINAL AND ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES FOR COMPANIES AND MANAGERS
Consequences Illegal Software
• Almost half of the programs installed on the computers of Spanish companies are illegal according to consultancy
IDC, that is, four out of ten companies use unlicensed software. Anyone can contribute data to start a process of investigation against a company for violating intellectual property rights of software piracy complaints page on the website of the BSA (an organization that brings together manufacturers of software) a simple form confidentially.
Serious economic consequences and penalties for companies and executives
From 1 July 2015 amending the Criminal Code and articulated much of his extensive certain behaviors that can lead to the commission of an offense by the use of works, goods or services without the authorization of the rights holders intellectual property, as in the case of software. In addition to the criminal consequences for those responsible organizations (legal persons) may face the following penalties:
• Fines and fees that can amount proportional to 280,000 euros.
• Dissolution of the legal person.
• Suspension of its activities.
• Closing of local establishments.
• prohibition of future activities in the exercise of which was committed, encouraged or covered up the crime.
• Disable for grants and aid,
• Disable contracts with the public sector.
• Disable to have tax incentives or benefits and Social Security. • Judicial intervention to safeguard the rights of employees or creditors.